Front Office – Raleigh
Dr. Simonds Metabolics & Weight Loss has a rare job opportunity available for a full-time, front office teammate in the Raleigh office at 8300 Falls of Neuse Rd.
The ideal candidate will be both a self-starter, possessing the discipline to work in a highly autonomous and high-energy position, disciplined with great time-management skills, while also being a team player!
With an extremely low turnover of employees, this ideal work environment allows employees a true work/life balance and a larger-than-average benefits/perks package to offer employees. Apply now, while this position is still available, to be considered for this highly sought-after medical practice, and it could be your next big career move!
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent organization, telephone, and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to think quickly on your feet, and an energetic and friendly personality.
- Strong understanding or interest in obesity management for providing client education at the direction of medical providers.
- Critical thinking, self-initiation, and highly motivated.
- Strong knowledge and/or the ability and interest to learn our company’s services and products and the ability to articulate and generate revenue by sales and scheduling appointments.
- Reception Duties – Greet and welcome patients, visitors, and vendors, ensuring that each person receives outstanding service by providing a positive and professional environment from their first impression, walking through the doors, throughout their visit, and until they depart.
- Intake and Check-out – Assist patients with the check-in and check-out process, ensuring the flow of patients is noticeably efficient.
- Customer Service – Provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries, resolving complaints, and ensuring client satisfaction. Maintain a helpful and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Shipping and Receiving – Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail, large and small shipments of office supplies, and supplements. Prepare outgoing shipments and ensure proper documentation and labeling.
- Filing and Document Management – Upon completion of the patient visit, ensure the chart is organized, and appropriate forms are completed and filed promptly. Fax and scan appropriate documents when requested by patients, Durham staff, or outside vendors. Ensure letters of medical necessity are completed and sent to patients in a timely manner.
- Phone Management – Answer incoming calls using a multi-line phone system. Direct calls to the appropriate individuals or departments, and take messages when necessary. Return messages promptly. Provide information and assistance as needed.
- Scheduling – Manage patient appointment scheduling, cancellations, and rescheduling using Appointments Plus online software. Coordinate with staff of both Raleigh & Durham offices to ensure smooth and efficient scheduling of all practice patients.
- Daily Bank Deposits – Handle daily bank deposits and maintain accurate financial records using QuickBooks online software. Follow established procedures for cash handling and reconciliation.
- General Office Maintenance – Assist with general office upkeep, including tidying up the reception area, break room, check-out office, and bathrooms; order office supplies; and ensure equipment is in working order.
- Basic Documentation – Assist providers in basic documentation when dealing with virtual patients by transcribing information collected by clinicians.
- General Correspondence – Assist in drafting letters of medical necessity, work letters, proofreading, and responding to emails and other general correspondence, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Healthcare Management, Business, or other related degree preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a medical office or similar role is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Experience with patient files and HIPAA educated is preferred.
- Experience in Appointments Plus and/or experience in other appointment software a plus.
- Experience in QuickBooks preferred. Experience in other accounting software is a plus.
- Ability to lift, stoop, stand, and climb as required.
- Familiarity with general office procedures and medical terminology is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer health insurance, 401k employee match, and profit sharing.
- Though this is a full-time position, the schedule for this role will work only 4 days a week, with Fri, Sat, & Sun off.
- Schedule: Monday 11am-7pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am-6:30pm, and Thursday 7am-6pm.
- Considerably generous holiday schedule.
- Employees receive patient treatment and medication at no cost!
- In addition to a shorter-than-average work week and an extended holiday schedule, this position will have access to paid vacation and sick days, as well.
- This is an hourly position. $18.50 minimum pay rate, offered rate ranges upwards, commensurate with experience.
Dr. Simonds Metabolics and Weight Loss is a trusted, experienced, and highly-rated weight loss provider with nearly 20 years of service helping more than 20,000 patients.
With offices in Raleigh and Durham, we treat patients with excess body weight, patients affected by obesity, patients with normal weight who have excess body fat, and patients who are trying to maintain their weight after having weight loss.
Through proper metabolic assessments, knowledgeable guidance, effective medical intervention, and caring support each step, our team of providers and weight loss experts promise to be there for you throughout your weight loss journey.
We support and encourage patients with the accountability and the tools needed for success, including nutritional, fitness, behavioral guidance, and prescription medications.
Patients do not have to do this alone.
We are proud to be highly rated with 4.8 to 5.0 star reviews on Google and Birdeye.
- Company Website: https://simondsmetabolics.com/
- YouTube Channel for more video: https://www.youtube.com/@DrSimondsWeightLoss
Dr. Simonds Metabolics & Weight Loss provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.